Friday, May 13, 2011

Skinny by....Half Marathon

It's official.  I am running a half marathon in 1 day 9 hours and about 30 min.  7:30am I will take my first steps and hopefully under 3 hours later I will cross that finish line.

I can't say for sure that I am ready but I know I have put in my best effort, most days.  Is that vague enough?  I was flip flopping back and forth over the running the half or switching to the 10k.  Each day I would wake up and have made my decision only to go to sleep with a different thought.  I can't say how many times I have changed my mind but today as I drove down to get my race kit, I drove by the 'Official Start Line of the Mississauga Marathon' and I got a little teary.  I messaged my support system, Krysta and Craig, to ask if I was crazy for wanting to do the half and both of them told me they knew I could do it.  I knew at that moment that it would be better to try and fail then to fail to try.  Worst cast scenario, I run 10km and walk the rest.  I know I can do 10!

I will be cheering myself on at each kilometer marker and I may just have a couple cheerleaders there for support.  I will make sure to let you all know that I survived.

And now to relax.  Only 1 day 9 hours and about 10 min until my first half marathon!


Love,

Jocelyn, the half marathoner!

No comments:

Post a Comment