Monday, February 21, 2011

Body Flow, dog walking, and house painting

Fear not!  I have not fallen off the wagon, I did take a computer break though.  I was dog sitting Tosca Thursday to Saturday last week and she took the place of my computer as she cuddled on my lap.   She also motivated me to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather we had.  

Tosca has so much energy it's hard to keep her from moving and she needed an outlet for it.  We went for a walk almost as soon as we got out of the car on Thursday.  The warmer weather was lovely and it just made me itch for spring.  We wandered down some paths around my neighbourhood that I didn't even know existed and did pretty well at keeping up a great pace.  30 minutes later we found ourselves back home and sure enough Tosca was wired and needed to play.  Up the stairs, down the stairs, figure 8 of the living room, down the stairs, up the stairs, figure 8 of the living room, if I ran around the house even half as much as she did I am sure I wouldn't even need a gym membership. 

Friday morning we woke up early and went out for another walk travelling the same loop as the day before.  Tosca met a little girl on the walk playing in a playground so she gave her a nice big smooch and we went on our way.  I am certain that it made the little girl's day but it also made mine.  We got back home and I will admit that I became a bit lazy and couldn't convince myself to go to the gym.  I relaxed on the couch and did some research on videos for our "Work" Outs for next week.  I have decided we will be starting with Biggest Loser Boot Camp.  It's a tough work out but with less intense modifications and I am hoping it doesn't scare anyone away.

My sister moved into her new house this weekend and I spend Saturday and Sunday helping paint it from top to bottom.  That is a workout on it's own and a nice change from a structured workout.  I was a very good health nut and avoided alcohol and junk eating on Saturday.  I did indulge a bit yesterday by treating myself to a couple of beer, but all in all I still kept an eye on what I put in my body.   

I skipped the gym today.   I shouldn't have but it's a holiday and I spent some time getting our master bedroom ready to paint.  Please forgive me for a less than stellar couple of days.  I promise more excitement tomorrow.  

Look forward to: 
Our first "Work" Out and Chicken and Chick Pea Casserole

Cheers to health!
Jocelyn

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog thing is a great idea! Just wanted you to know that it is being read.

    I wish you all the best of luck as I am on my own journey to health. We just have to keeping getting back on the wagon!

    ReplyDelete