Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Game Plan

I can't say that I have tried every diet out there but I have done my research on them and I know that it really comes down to eating the right things for the science of your body and getting your butt off the couch and making it move.  On that note;

A new diet:
The G.i. Diet, Revised: The Green-light Way to Permanent Weight Loss: Revised and Updated
By Rick Gallop

I will try it for a month.  I will do my best to stick to it and hopefully it really is as easy as they say it is. 

Excercise:

I cancelled my membership at Goodlife yesterday.  I liked the gym enough, I went often (ish), but man was it expensive.  Krysta and Steph took me as a guest to a City Recreation Centre on Sunday and I fell in love.  Not only do I enjoy the price a whole lot more, but I like the atmosphere.  They have an indoor track which I hope will keep me motivated and moving.  If I am going to run 21.1km I am going to have to keep moving.   
I have my membership with Goodlife until February 25th and before then I am hoping to take some of my favourite classes once more. 
Today's classes: 5:30pm Body Combat 6:30pm Body Attack

Lifestyle:

I wasn't up as early this morning as I wanted to be, but one of my goals is to be able to get up early enough in the morning to make a good breakfast and relax. 
I did have time for my breakfast this morning and so I tried something new. 

French Toast with Peaches
Ingredients
Serves 1

2 slices of whole wheat bread
2 egg whites
1/8 cup of skim milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
canned peaches in fruit juice

1.  Cut the bread into 3/4 inch slices (if it isn't already) and remove the crust.
2. Mix all ingredients except the peaches in a bowl and whisk with a fork.  Dip the bread into the mixture and gently soak both sides, the mixture should be almost gone after dipping both pieces.
3.  Place bread in a hot non-stick pan for 3 minutes on each side and serve with peaches.

A SUCCESS! 

I will post a picture soon.  Having phone issues and that is my camera at the moment.

Happy health!
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment